Things To Do In Walker, MN: Expanded Restaurant Edition
June 26, 2017
Some comments shared disappointment there were not more restaurants listed on our prior guide of restaurants in Walker. This post is an attempt to remedy that. While it won’t be comprehensive, we plan on making this guide as close, as possible in the time we have available. Walker and the immediate area around Leech Lake are filled with amazing restaurants and we wouldn’t want anyone to go hungry, so read this post in preparation for those days when your stomach is grumbling and there is no waiting for a meal at home. We all know that special type of hunger that creeps up and pounces after a long day out on Leech Lake, be prepared for it and review the Walker Restaurant list.
- Benson’s Eating and Drinking Emporium is a Walker favorite the perfect place to quench your thirst and enjoy an amazing pizza. With its late hours, gluten free options, delicious sandwiches and one of a kind pizza’s, Benson’s is perfect for large groups looking for casual dining and great service after a day on the water.
- The Alpha Cafe A newcomer that just recently opened in Walker the Alpha Cafe is set inside a historic Walker home and focuses on local and organic fare. If you are a vegan or vegetarian this will be the perfect option for you. Best known for their amazing hot dogs and brats topped with local ingredients, and hearty and delicious breakfast options.
- The Boulders: Known for its delicious and diverse array of dinner entrees the boulder will provide you with a wealth of truly delicious options. From Crab Crusted Grouper, Gorgonzola Ribeye, Penne Jambalaya, Walleye, and much more. The Boulder is extremely popular with locals and visitors alike so be sure you make a reservation if you plan a meal at prime times. Prepare yourself for difficult choices when choosing what to order, there are so many great options, you will want to try them all. Casual dinner and delightful entrees.
- Jimmy’s Family Restaurant: If you are looking for a truly filling breakfast or a Homestyle meal this is the place for you! Known for their large breakfast dishes that will fill your plate and you up. If you’re looking for Homestyle Broasted chicken and mashed potatoes or meatloaf, Jimmy’s is not to be missed. Be sure to bring your appetite, and eat like a Lumber Jack. Minnesota Home cooking from their kitchen to your table.
- Cafe Zona Rosa Felling like a taste of the southwest while you enjoy the comfort of the lakes of the Northwoods? Cafe Zona Rosa is perfect for those seeking a little bit of spice. A favorite of locals, be sure to try the sizzling fajitas and the large burritos. Known for its large portions, taco bar, festive atmosphere, and unbeatable chips.
- The Piggy: Kansas style BBQ made to perfection, in Leech Lake Minnesota. With BBQ briskets, ribs, pulled pork and more, the piggy focuses on one genre of food and strives to achieve perfection. Expect long waits on most occasions and don’t be surprised if they sell out of food before closing. Once you sit down though, and take your first bite you will find the wait more than worth the while. Melt in your mouth BBQ, made in Minnesota.
- The Lucky Moose This bar and grill provides a truly northwoods feel and is sure to please with an amazing variety of appetizers and a large bar. Some customer favorites include their delicious Walleye cakes, juicy burgers, and the one of a kind chipotle Bloody Mary’s. Perfect for both large and small groups.
- 502 Restaurant: Dine in style, on the shores of Leech Lake. Best known for their wild rice bread and “award winning” Black Angus prime rib, enjoy a night out you won’t soon forget. While you’re there enjoy drinks (and a happy hour) from the area’s largest bar, where you’re sure to find your drink of choice. Lakeside dining, drinks, and deliciousness.
- The Village Square Looking for that perfect combination of hot and cold? Does ice cream and pizza fit the bill? If the answer is yes, look no further than the village square. Whether it is their delicious morning coffee, delightful sandwiches, ice cream to cool off, or a pizza to finish the day (or a breakfast pizza to begin it!).
- The Outdoorsman Cafe The epitome of the small town northwoods diner, where locals start out the day with delicious eggs and hash-browns, a thick blueberry pancake, or just a cup of dark coffee and a homemade caramel roll. This is the small town diner you see on TV shows and the movies.
- Bayside Bar & Grill If burgers and beer are what you seek look no further, Bayside has a large local tap selection and almost as many burger and sandwich options.
It’s not comprehensive, but we hope there are enough amazing dining options here to ensure you can find the perfect atmosphere and the perfect meal. From southwestern cuisine, organic and vegan fare, to delicious pizza’s, small town diners, award winning BBQ, and much more. There are a huge number of restaurants in Walker compared to its size. After a long day on Leech Lake your options are varied and always sure to be delicious.
If you haven’t planned your Leech Lake vacation yet, find the perfect resort now. If you already have… See you on the water!