Keeping Kids Happy (and Safe!) while Traveling
Don’t wait and plan your trip today at Leech Lake. Here are a few tips on how to keep your Kids Happy and Safe well traveling!
- Save Time and Money – Packing your own food can save time and money while you are traveling. Make sure to bring reusable containers that can be refilled with a variety of easy to travel with food such as apples, or other on-the-go snacks, that won’t leave a lot of crumbs in the car!
- Keep it Simple – Lightweight highchair seats come in handy on vacation because they are easily transported, but also guarantee that your child will be comfortable in any lodging setting, at a picnic table or at a restaurant.
- Safety First – For parents who are concerned about their child getting lost on vacation, many are renting or buying a GPS tracker their child can keep with them at all times.
- Travel Entertainment – If you are bringing toys like puzzles or word games, try to find ones with magnets to reduce the chances of losing pieces. Handheld electronic entertainment is also a great choice to keep kids entertained on a long drive.
- Toys, Toys, Toys – Bring along a variety of interesting object and toys. Soft toys that can be strapped to a car seat are best for infants and toddlers. Toys that do not get lost or drop to the floor will help avoid crying bouts.
- Bring out the artist – Slightly older children will enjoy a lunch box or a show box or even an old briefcase to store toys, paper and crayons. They can store mess-free art products in the box while using the surface of the box as a handy tabletop.
- Scrapbooks – Compiling and organizing post cards, brochures, and news clipping in the scrapbook will keep kids involved in the trip, while teaching them about where they are going and where they have been. Encourage them to be creative and to write stories and descriptions.
- Point and Shoot – Buy your child a disposable camera to take pictures during your Minnesota vacation. These reasonably priced cameras can be purchased at just about any store and allow your child to feel like a grown up, helping to capture fun family vacation memories.
- Headphones are a must – A hand-held device with headphones is almost a necessity for older kids. They can listen to their favorite music while you get a little “quiet time.” Extra headphone sets are handy for siblings.
Also To help plan your trip check out this link to our Lodging Listings Here!