Memorial Day Weekend in the Leech Lake Area!
May 14, 2022
Looking for a fun-filled Memorial Day weekend getaway? Leech Lake is the perfect spot! With its beautiful scenery and plethora of activities, you’re sure to have a blast.
There’s plenty to do on the water, whether you’re into world-class walleye fishing, boating into town for a bite to eat, or simply relaxing at the cabin while taking in the view of the lake.
One of the most popular activities in the Leech Lake area is fishing. You can try your luck at many different spots, whether you’re looking to catch some walleye or small and largemouth bass. If you don’t have your own equipment, no worries! There are plenty of places where you can rent everything you need.
Enjoy Local Cuisines
No trip to Leech Lake would be complete without enjoying some of the delicious local cuisines. Whether you are looking for a quick snack or a sit-down meal, the Leech Lake area has something for everyone. There are plenty of restaurants that serve up traditional Minnesota fares, such as walleye and wild rice soup. Or you can try something a little different and sample some of the area’s Native American cuisine.
Some good examples of Leech Lake dining options include:
- Bayside Bar and Grill- Located in Walker, this restaurant is downtown, right on the main street. They serve traditional American fares such as burgers, sandwiches, and salads. Their famous Walleye “sammich” is a must-try!
- Amoore Bakery and Coffee- This coffee shop is also located in Walker and is a great spot to grab a quick bite or a cup of coffee. They have a wide selection of bakery goods that you can choose from.
- The Piggy BBQ of Walker- If you are looking for a place where your whole family can enjoy a meal, this is the spot for you. They have a wide variety of BBQ options that are sure to please everyone in your group.
- Dancing Fire Restaurant- You can enjoy a delicious pan-fried walleye or ribeye steak meal at this restaurant and then play your favorite casino game. They have a wide variety of meal options that you will surely enjoy.
- The 502 Restaurant & Bar – On the shores of Leech Lake, this is the largest lakeside patio in the area and is a great spot to enjoy a meal and watch the sunset. They offer a wide variety of food options, including pizzas, burgers, and salads.
Make sure to check out some of these great spots when you are in the Leech Lake area!
Attend an Event
Memorial Day weekend is the perfect time to attend one of the many events in the area. Some of the events that you can check out include;
- The Walker Art Center’s Memorial Day Weekend Open House- This event is free and open to the public.
- The American Legion’s Memorial Day Service- This service is held to honor those who have served in the armed forces.
- Chase on the lake live music- This event features live music from local and regional bands.
- Large and Small Mouth Bass opener- This is the perfect event for those who love to fish.
Leech Lake Lodging
There are plenty of options for you to choose from; full-service resorts with beautiful cabins on Leech Lake, hotels, or camping & RV sites. Check out our exclusive Leech Lake lodging properties.
After catching your limit of walleyes, what better way to spend Memorial Day Weekend than by doing some shopping? There are many different stores in the Leech Lake area, whether you’re looking for souvenirs, clothing, or groceries. Some great shopping options in downtown Walker include Christmas Point Wild Rice Company, Reed’s Family Outdoor Outfitters, and the Walker Green Scene Market & Eatery for some fresh produce.